If you want to become more effective at making requests of others, saying 'no' to unreasonable demands, or generally improving your level of assertiveness and increase your confidence and self-esteem then this course will give you the guidance you need.
- Assertiveness Questionnaire: what behaviour do you display?
- What work situations prompt aggressive or passive behaviour
- Four key characteristics to being assertive
- Why is it difficult to say no?
- Formula for saying no and to use the technique effectively
- Say no practice session
- Ten tips for maintaining assertiveness
- How to start conversations assertively.
- Using assertiveness scenarios to plan and practise their assertiveness skills.
- Planning your Behaviour in Difficult Workplace Situations
Please Note: Each delegate will leave the course with an action plan for the workplace