This course will teach each learner a step-by-step approach to handling difficult conversations with confidence and be able to remain calm and confident during difficult conversations.
- Managing the conversation using a master strategy: t.a.l.k.
- Defusing - proven methods to control the situation
- Hot phrases & words to avoid
- Presenting your funding - getting your point across without the waffle;
- Knowing when and how to close the conversation
- The importance of delivering on your promises but respecting boundaries
- How to recognise unreasonable behaviour
- Understanding of what causes customers to be demanding/difficult
- Engaging the ‘professional brain' instead of the emotional, reactive brain
- Verbal & non-verbal behaviour to help defuse distress & what not to do
- Follow up procedure
- Coping with complex behaviour/stress after the conversation
- Your existing resilience & resourcefulness
- Being positive: thinking and planning framework
- Practical tools for managing emotional state and remaining positive, example: Perceptual Positioning
- Offering the best solution you can
Did You Know? You will get free DCM Membership if you decide to book the Difficult Conversations course. As a member company, you will have access to 100's of free courses for your team.