This course will teach you the essential skills required to conduct a professional, informative and well structured interview, enabling you to identify the ideal candidate with more efficiency.
- Interviewing techniques
- How to complete an effective job analysis to define the recruitment process
- Legal matters - employment law and avoiding discrimination
- The role of the interviewer (HR versus Line Managers)
- Preparing the interview room - selecting time and venue, room layout
- Developing job and candidate specifications
- Translating the job specification into the rating sheet competencies
- Preparing for the Interview - competency-based questions and general questions
- Opening the Interview
- Note-taking during the interview
- Effective Communication Skills -verbal and non-verbal
- Questioning Techniques/Do's and Don'ts - Open / Closed / Probing / Hypothetical Questions
Did You Know? You will get free DCM Membership if you decide to book the Interviewing Skills course. As a member company, you will have access to 100's of free courses for your team.