By the end of this course you will be able to recognise the characteristics of teams and explain the need for team based organisations outlining the role of a matrix team leader.
- What are matrix teams and why is there a need for them?
- The implications of teams operating two 'chains of command'
- The advantages and challenges of matrix teams
- Changing the role of leadership
- What is expected of a matrix team leader?
- How to maintain focus - how to show concern
- Group process facilitation – enabling the team to achieve
- Team problem solving – encouraging collaboration and collective management control
- Team decision making – empowering the team to reach their own decisions
Please Note: Each delegate will leave the course with an action plan for the workplace