This course will introduce you to mindfulness and provide you with the opportunity to practice mindfulness techniques in a fun and supportive setting.
- Introductions and personal objectives
- Learn about how our minds often operate in automatic pilot, creating habitual patterns of behaviour
- Try a simple body scan
- Look at how pleasant and unpleasant events such as stress and anger are experienced in the body and the effect it can have on your judgment.
- Understand the importance of the breath as an anchor for present experience, and participated in mindful meditation.
- Understand the gap between thoughts, feeling, and behaviour; and the opportunity for choice.
- Try out an exercise in the development of compassion for self and others
- Learn a simple meditation exercise that can be used at any time
Please Note: Each delegate will leave the course with an action plan for the workplace