This course will teach you how to to take linear vs. visual notes, effective listening skills, how to record action plans, and how to write clear and concise meeting minutes.
- Types of meetings - templates for formal and informal notes
- Writing tips - effective lists/active voice/being concise
- Pitfalls - Jargon/longwinded expressions/bad grammar etc.
- Understanding what words to focus on and listen for
- Using the guidelines of Plain English for professionalism
- Comparing different models of notes taken in the same meeting
- Proofreading and what to leave in and what to omit
- Ensuring your minutes match the approach of the meeting
- Incorporating others attendees notes into the draft minutes
Did You Know? You will get free DCM Membership if you decide to book the Note Taking Skills course. As a member company, you will have access to 100's of free courses for your team.