The programme covers how to decide when to take linear vs. visual notes, how to effectively listen, how to document action plans, and how to effectively write meeting minutes.
- Types of meetings - templates for formal and informal notes
- Writing tips - effective lists/active voice/being concise
- Pitfalls - Jargon/longwinded expressions/bad grammar etc.
- Understanding what words to focus on and listen for
- Using the guidelines of Plain English for professionalism
- Comparing different models of notes taken in the same meeting
- Proofreading and what to leave in and what to omit
- Ensuring your minutes match the approach of the meeting
- Incorporating others attendees notes into the draft minutes
Please Note: Each delegate will leave the course with an action plan for the workplace