Throughout the course, participants are encouraged to contribute to a lively debate about their perceptions of good customer service.
- Your role in representing the company
- What are the features of excellent customer service?
- How to present a professional image - our appearance, attitude and behavior
- The customer relationship - building rapport/client expectations/continued engagement
- How can we go the extra mile?
- Call Taking - use of streamlined responses to take control of incoming calls
- Self-assessment of your own style - the associated strengths and weaknesses
- Points of difference: telephone vs. face-to-face
- Barriers to effective communication
- Active Listening - Listening vs. Hearing
- Understanding what causes customers to be demanding/difficult
- Engaging the ‘professional brain' instead of the emotional, reactive brain
- Handling criticism, put-downs, arrogance, persistence or patronising behaviours
- The escalation process and follow through
Please Note: Each delegate will leave the course with an action plan for the workplace