Successful lean companies consider 5S the basis for all improvement. It sets in place standards and rules that are critical for higher-level improvement activities and innovations. It heightens the awareness of all employees in regards to safety, quality, efficiency, cost and time. But it is its tangible contribution of reducing waste through visual control, error-proofing and decreasing the frequency of equipment breakdowns that really impacts on quality, efficiency and cost reduction.
The session is highly interactive. Attendees learn by doing and carry out the activities needed for them to learn the fundamentals of 5S.
The purpose of the session is to give you a basic understanding of 5S Lean Management.
- Lean Thinking
- Understanding 5S and 5S strategies for eliminating the seven wastes
- The true Japanese definition of 5S and strategies to sustain a 5S culture
- Sort: The first step. Learn exactly what sorting is and how to go about it.
- Set in Order / Straighten: Low level and high-level workplace organisation
- Shine: clean, paint and eliminate sources of filth to make cleaning an easier task
- Sustain: audits, 5S scoreboards, management reviews, refreshing a 5S program
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.