When a discussion must take place and you know emotions and opinions will get in the way of the true message and intention– you are entering into a crucial conversation. For some of us we avoid these conversations with the hope that “it will all work out”. The good news is that these conversations do not have to be this way.
Our 1 hour virtual session with access to 30 mins post course Q&A section focuses on the critical elements needed to communicate effectively, such as working with others, emotional intelligence, communicating with impact and identifying best practice approaches.
Our 1 hour Crucial Conversations virtual session focuses on the critical elements needed to communicate effectively.
- Building rapport and trust
- The use of questioning - closed/open/probing/funneling questions
- The importance of language used - speaking plainly, assertively but professional, phrases and words to avoid
- Recognising different behaviours and choosing the appropriate, professional, empathic response
- Communicating with impact
- Managing the conversation
- Defusing – proven methods to control the conversation
- Common barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them
- Handling difficult situations and people
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.