This short bitesize session has been designed to give you the confidence and practical skills needed to deliver effective staff appraisals or reviews. In our experience, Performance Management and Appraisals tends to be one of those essentials in an organisation that's often handled badly. The opportunity to help people understand their role within the organisation and gain support can be lost simply because the appraisal was not managed effectively.
This session will allow learners to develop the skills required to plan and conduct effective review meetings.
The purpose of the session is to give you a basic understanding of how to conduct a staff review.
- The appraisal plan
- Importance of giving notice; fairness; equality;
- Candidate Rating Pitfalls – Halo-Effect; Negative Effect; Central Tendency; etc.
- Setting SMART goals
- Establishing an open, honest & participative discussion
- Communication Skills - Active Listening/Body Language/Para-language
- Controlling the meeting with effective questioning
- Gaining agreement and commitment to objectives and goals
- Documenting outcomes and follow up
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.