Understanding the principles of Employment Law leads to improved employment practice, encourages the quality agenda and contributes towards improved organisational excellence for your team.
Our 1-day Employment Law course provides learners with full working knowledge of employment law. At the end of the course, learners should be able to approach employment-related decisions in a positive manner with competence and confidence. The aim of the course is to make learners aware of their obligations as an employer.
By the end of the course each learner will be able to understand the basics of employment law.
- The legal context, types of contract; essential contents
- Minimum notice; communications; health and safety; contemporary issues
- Termination of employment
- Parental Leave Bill
- Maternity Leave and Benefit Bill
- Paternity Leave and Benefit Act
- Adoptive Leave
- EU Directive on work-life balance for parents
- Implementing fair processes
- Understanding what constitutes an unfair dismissal
- Key principles of natural justice
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.