The aim of this session is to give you an overview of the skills needed to guide meetings/events through to a successful outcome. The session will look at the essential characteristics of an effective facilitation session and how to structure it - what to do and what not to do, how to use flip charts and other tools effectively, manage your nerves and best use your communication skills to give clear instruction.
By the end of this session you will be able to assess your current skills against a range of facilitation styles and have a personal action plan to implement back on the job.
The purpose of the session is to give you a basic understanding of facilitation skills.
- Characteristics of effective facilitation
- Skills and qualities of an effective facilitator
- Stages of effective facilitation
- Structuring a facilitated session
- Communication skills
- Understanding group behaviour
- Exploring and identifying the groups' needs and expectations
- Maintaining participation and engagement
- Recognising and dealing with conflict in the group
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.