This short bitesize session takes managers through the employee life-cycle from pre-recruitment to post-termination as well as covering key employment legislation affecting the employer-employee relationship. It will also introduce you to the world of employment law, legal rights and your responsibilities as a manager.
The aim of our 1 hour session is to help managers have an awareness of HR elements to their role and prepare them for difficult conversations with staff.
The purpose of the session is to give you a basic understanding of the role of HR for managers.
- Defining your roles and responsibilities
- The manager's employment law, legal rights and HR duties
- Understanding when to get help from an HR specialist
- Identifying the current employment legislation
- Applying equality, diversity and fairness in the workplace
- Gaining an overview of the Data Protection Act
- Implement practical solutions to deal with absence issues
- Latest legislation and its effect on you as a manager - e.g. parental leave etc
- Distinguish between what is authorised and unauthorised absence
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.