Our one-day Interviewing Skills training programme looks closely at all stages of the interview process with particular focus on conducting the interview and how to obtain the relevant information from the interviewee through skilful questioning, probing and listening techniques. There will also be an emphasis on competency-based interviews and how to prepare questions based on the competencies needed for the given job.
At the end of the course, each learner will have the knowledge and skills necessary to perform effective interviews ensuring that the selected candidate is the best fit for the job.
Our one-day Interviewing Skills training programme looks closely at all stages of the interview process with particular focus on conducting the interview.
- Interviewing techniques
- How to complete an effective job analysis to define the recruitment process
- Legal matters - employment law and avoiding discrimination
- The role of the interviewer (HR versus Line Managers)
- Preparing the interview room - selecting time and venue, room layout
- Developing job and candidate specifications
- Translating the job specification into the rating sheet competencies
- Preparing for the Interview - competency-based questions and general questions
- Opening the Interview
- Note-taking during the interview
- Effective Communication Skills -verbal and non-verbal
- Questioning Techniques/Do's and Don'ts - Open / Closed / Probing / Hypothetical Questions
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.