This short bitesize session has been designed to help learners to reflect on their attitudes and behaviour while working in a diverse environment, in a dynamic and thought-provoking way. The aim of the course is to help learners communicate more effectively and break down barriers with colleagues.
You will identify areas where unconscious bias may be present and identify initiatives and techniques to be more aware and inclusive in the workplace.
The purpose of the session is to give you a basic understanding of how to manage a diverse workforce.
- Equality & Diversity and their impact in the Workplace
- Preconceptions - how they influence us
- Equality cornerstones - knowledge; acceptance; understanding; behaviour
- Understand what unconscious bias is
- Identifying prejudice, assumptions and inequality
- Ideas to promote an inclusive work environment
- Appreciating how diversity brings a greater skills base to the team
- How to deal with allegations of discrimination
- Self-Assessment - your own hidden biases and prejudices
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.