Kaizen is a tool that is part of the Lean framework, along with Kanban. Kaizen works towards the improvement of procedures within production, in order to reduce the amount of waste that is being produced by an organisation.
This short bitesize session focuses on both the mechanics of generating continuous improvement activities together with a proven management approach to ensure the right culture is created.
The purpose of the session is to give you a basic understanding of kaizen events in the context of lean.
- Understanding Kaizen, it's origin and culture
- Making waste visible – identifying the non-value added activities in your organisation
- Three Kaizen approaches - Just Do its, Kaizen Events and Kaizen Blitz
- Basic Problem Solving – Ishikawa (Cause & Effect) and 5 Whys
- How to implement Kaizen & how to structure a Kaizen team?
- Examples of lean tools to be used for Kaizen events: 5S, Kanban, SMED, TPM and Value Stream Mapping
- MBWA – The Gemba Walk | The Task Board
- Sustaining a Kaizen Culture
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.