Our half-day course is suitable for everyone, with or without a meditation practice. For experienced meditators, the half-day provides an opportunity to deepen your practice in a supportive environment. If your practice has become a little patchy it is so useful to remember your motivation.
If you are new to meditation this is a lovely way to be introduced to some of the practices that support the development of wakefulness in our lives.
This Mindfulness course will introduce the concept of mindfulness and enable you to use simple practices for more creative and compassionate thinking.
- Introductions and personal objectives
- Learn about how our minds often operate in automatic pilot, creating habitual patterns of behaviour
- Try a simple body scan
- Look at how pleasant and unpleasant events such as stress and anger are experienced in the body and the effect it can have on your judgment.
- Understand the importance of the breath as an anchor for present experience, and participated in mindful meditation.
- Understand the gap between thoughts, feeling, and behaviour; and the opportunity for choice.
- Try out an exercise in the development of compassion for self and others
- Learn a simple meditation exercise that can be used at any time
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.