Make minute taking a complete breeze. Using a few simple yet brilliantly effective techniques, you can be in total control, get to the heart of the meeting and have the confidence to know that you’ve got everything covered.
A minute taker has a key role in ensuring meetings are productive. You want to be confident and competent in this role. Throughout the day, the trainer will take you through a step-by-step approach to producing effective minutes – giving templates to help you produce structured agendas and take notes effectively. Practical exercises will help you build confidence and put ideas into practice.
This course is designed for those who need the confidence and skills to produce accurate minutes.
- The roles and responsibilities before, during & after the meeting
- The importance of a pre-meeting with the chair
- Producing agendas – Different types
- How to work in partnership with the Chair
- Different ways to take notes in different situations and meetings
- Technology can help – exploring Apps
- How to deal with technical jargon
- Analysing good & poor minutes
- Making sense of the notes
- The need to make the minutes visually appealing
- Formatting and structuring the minutes for clarity and professionalism
- Checking for accuracy, brevity and clarity
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.