Technical writing is a skill used by people in scientific roles such as engineering, software development and media. This short bitesize session aims to present the key principles of technical writing and to make the task as simple as possible, using tools and techniques to improve the quality and reduce the time needed to produce effective technical documents.
The session also offers practical advice on layout, style and language that can be used to make your document more readable and digestible for the intended audience.
The purpose of the session is to give you a basic understanding of technical report writing.
- Establishing the scope and purpose of the document
- Determining the appropriate level of detail
- Writing Tips
- Plain English rules; effective lists; active voice; being concise
- Common pitfalls - jargon; long-winded expressions; bad grammar; redundant words
- Use of the first or third person
- Paragraph and sentence structure
- Proof-Reading & Editing
Please Note: Each delegate will receive the full recording of the virtual session along with the course materials.