This is an ideal course for those responsible for writing detailed reports for their organisations and wishing to achieve greater impact and improve their writing style.
- Rules for writing in ‘Plain English’
- Determining the appropriate level of detail
- Writing tips: effective lists, active voice and being concise
- Pitfalls to avoid: jargon, long-winded expressions, bad grammar, redundant words, etc.
- Benefits of establishing style guides and document templates
- Structuring a comprehensive document
- Layout guidelines: structure, differentiation, downward flow, whitespace and focal point
- Designing documents for visual appeal
- Proof-read for Accuracy, Impression, Message and Appearance
- Removing dead wood and waffle
- Proof-reading strategies
- Proof-reading marks
Please Note: Each delegate will leave the course with an action plan for the workplace