This course will be of benefit to those who work with financial statements and need to understand the basic aspects of the information that they contain, and those looking to gain a basic understanding of a company's annual report and financial statements, without having to analyse the information in detail.
- Objectives of accounts - who uses them?
- Sources of regulation
- Principles underlying financial reporting especially the matching principle
- What do financial statements tell you?
- Balance sheet or statement of financial position
- Profit and loss account or income statement
- Cash flow statements
- Tangible and intangible assets
- Depreciation, Current assets and Liabilities
- Shareholders' equity, EBIT and net income
- Retained profit and Cashflow
Please Note: Each delegate will leave the course with an action plan for the workplace