This course will help demystify the rules of capital expenditure vs operational expenditure helping you to justify investments to your senior managers and finance team.
- Their structure and terminology, what they tell us and why they need to be reviewed together to gain a full understanding of business performance
- Understanding how operational income and costs are accounted for and the implications for how you manage costs in your department
- Understanding working capital: What it is? How can we manage it?
- Why too much working capital is bad for you and too little may be disastrous
- Optimising working capital for your company and the implications for negotiating
- Distinction between profit and cash flow
- Putting together a robust budget
- Negotiating budget funding
- Assessing variances and reforecasting the budget
- Evaluating the feasibility of operational projects via break-even analysis
- The effects of depreciation
Please Note: Each delegate will leave the course with an action plan for the workplace