This 1 Day course is highly practical and provides you with best practice tools and techniques to improve your proof reading skills.
- The Importance of proof-reading
- Your Deliverables: Accuracy, Timely, Consistency, Impartial, In-house style guides
- Understanding your Audience
- The 3 stages - Prepare, Plan & Proceed
- Reading backwards: Conclusion, Body and Introduction
- Reading Aloud
- On-screen vs. off-screen
- Proof-reading symbols
- Proof-reading checklist
- Accuracy: Spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Impression: tone, word, choice, intent
Please Note: Each delegate will leave the course with an action plan for the workplace